In the East Riding of Yorkshire their current delivery model is having a positive impact on reducing the number of children entering the Criminal Justice System and supports the early identification of those children most at risk of offending.
The outreach support workers will work in partnership across East Riding with other agencies such as Anti-Social Behaviour Team, Humberside Police, East Riding Voluntary Action Support and many more. The outreach support workers will play a vital role in targeting hotspots and locations to positively engage and deliver interventions to children.
The outreach support worker will work directly with children and deliver detached work, including:
- Support with Education, training or employment.
- Support ERVAS with the target of hotspots in the East Riding Area alongside the ASB Team.
- Substance use support and signposting.
- Engagement in positive activities
- Engaging children to positively deter them from crime